At the time of writing, it has an estimated population of 2,747,943 Palestinians and about 391,000 Israeli settlers, with an additional 201,200 Israeli settlers living in East Jerusalem, according to official estimates.
How many Arabs live in Gaza and the West Bank?
The West Bank has a population of 2.16 million Arabs whereas Israel has a population of 1.84 million Arabs and the Gaza Strip has a population of 1.79 million Arabs.
Is the West Bank Israeli or Palestinian?
Currently, Israel administers the vast majority of the West Bank, however the Fatah-run Palestinian Authority controls 42 percent of the territory, which has different degrees of autonomy. The Gaza Strip is now under the authority of the Islamist militant group Hamas.
How much of the West Bank is occupied by Israel?
Israeli colonies accounted for 6 percent of the area, while military zones had been established on more than 29 percent of the territory. From 1967 to 2003, successive Israeli administrations aided the relocation of roughly 230,000 Jewish people into 145 West Bank and Gaza settlements and around 110 outposts in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
What language do Palestinians speak?
In the West Bank (including East Jerusalem), more than 200 Israeli settlements were created between 1967 and 2017. The current population of these settlements is around 620,000.
Who does Palestine belong to?
The notion of Palestine and its geographical extent have changed throughout time, but now it is recognized to be comprised of the modern State of Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip, with the West Bank being the most recent addition.
Who owns Gaza Strip?
In addition to maintaining direct external control over Gaza, Israel also maintains indirect control over life within the territory: it retains control over the territory’s air and marine space, as well as six of Gaza’s seven land borders.
Who owns West Bank?
According to current estimates, the Palestinian Authority governs close to 40% of the West Bank, with varied degrees of autonomy, while Israel controls the other 60%. It is in the West Bank where the majority of Israel’s settlements and outposts are located.